Monday, June 18, 2007

Oh my!

Somewhere in the back of my mind I still knew I had a blog but for some reason it totally skipped my mind. I can't believe it's been almost a year since my last blog post...there was a time when I would make multiple entries in one day. In my defense, I have been keeping a physical journal and even an audio one. Audio journal? Yes, one day I realized I could use the voice recorder on my mp3 for much more than just recording my lectures.
So what's been going on in my life? A lot! I was reading through my last post where I was complaining about not been allowed to live on campus. Well, the parentals caved in and yours truly is living off campus in a beayuuuutiful apartment and loving it. However, it's a case of be careful what you wish for because living alone is pretty lonely sometimes. I can't complain too much though, most times I enjoy my solitude.
School is school, changed my major and career direction. I realized medicine wasn't the path I wanted to follow so I switched to something more appropriate for me. A field I have a passion for and where I know I would be feeling fulfilled and still be able to make a living...Physical Therapy. I got a lot of heat for this from my family members, not mumsie and popsie as much as awon uncles and aunties. In the past year, I've tried t convinced them that I'm not throwing my life away and that PT is actually a lucrative career. I plan to get a doctorate in it and someday open my own practice in Nigeria. So many people just go to waste for lack of PT back home. Imagine this, my granny had knee replacement surgery about a month ago (it went well thank God) and she's been undergoing PT since then to help her adjust to the new knee. So many people in naij have surgeries requiring PT afterwards but they are just sent home. Some children are born with abnormal gaits, weak limbs or an inability to grasp and we just assume they are one of those things that happen. So many of these things can be corrected with PT. Anyhow sha, e go be...I've just decided to stop protesting when my uncle says I would just be a glorified massage therapist.

6 comments:

Perfectly Human said...

Oh my gosh! I will be killing a chicken, 6 fowls and a cow for your return! Welcome back girl...
Pls try not to stay away for too long although i know FB is that addictive.

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Hey babes.

Anonymous said...

welcome back to blogsville darlin.. and thanks for stopping by my blog..l i can only imagine what naija parents would have to say about any profession that isn't medicine, law or engineering.. i might've been slightly muscled into the field myself...cos writing is my true passion.. but i guess thats life...big ups to u 4 stickin to what you believe in.. have a great day .. i'll definitely be back here...

Anonymous said...

one thn i wanted to mention is: YOU ARE TRULY WEIRD!!! lol.. you have a bloody audio blog.. you're completely weird.. i wanna be like you when i grow up.. lol

Ms. Catwalq said...

O girl, do ur thing!
welcome back to blogville. don't leave and be careful how long u stay, dis place is addictive. I think I am more intouch with blogville 'friends" than I am with my live ones... tsk tsk tsk

Olówó said...

@JJ LMAO you are a trip... please just fwd the cow to me once you are done killing it.

@overwhelmed. I am not weird! My audio journal is for my ears only.

@ Catwalq. Thanks :-)