Monday, July 02, 2007

Oklahoma, boarding house woes et al.

I've been in Oklahoma the past week. There was a break between the first and second summer so I figured I'd take it off and visit my sister and the rest of my mumsie's family who live there. I swear that place is full of Nigerians. My baby sister is done with her JSCE so the parentals have shipped her over to yankee. Poor baby, my parents travel a lot these days so she's the only one at home most times. She's now in boarding house which she absolutely abhors! I mean, who would love being in boarding house, especially in Queen's College? As much as I love QC, I do not look back fondly on my boarding house days, especially those in junior school. She has been regaling us with tales about her bathing with orange water from the borehole (which she added 2 capfuls of disinfectant to); Her boarding house mistress Mrs Obi hating and punishing her for no reason; the horrible foos they serve in dining hall which she refuses to eat (no wonder she's so skinny now). I swear it feels like Deja vu. I have no idea why my parents are hell bent on that school, my middle sister is the only one that miraculously avoided going there.

She of course brought me my naija provisions...indomie,chinchin, maggi, sardines, my sure roll on, True Love, nollywood movies and stuff. They confiscated the yam she was bringing me at the airport. I am so mad man! I had plans for it....we don't have an African store in the ville and the yams they sell at the African stores in the nearest cities look quite dead. :-(

Anyhow, my week in Oklahoma was good...it was great to see my lil sisters. Visited with my numerous family members down there. I ate like a pig, it was like they kept stuffing food in my face...I'm sure I've gained like 10 pounds. I need to get back on Kanye's workout plan. Back in the ville now and summer B classes started today. It's the beginning of July so I have to get back on this my GRE study plan, I need to take it ASAP.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang.. i dont have great memories of boarding school... i wonder who actually does...

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Awwww,boarding house is not that bad. Well if Mrs Obi is on her case for no reason, that cant be fun, she better start fasting and praying, infact she should buy her a scarf or pair of slippers(lmaooo) when shes going back, lol. Hehehe@Kanye work out plan, i feel you o. I really really wanna read that true love mag, i hope i get my hands on some soon. Have fun with school, and go check NR, for some links to prep materials for the test.

Fluffycutething said...

I have so many memories of boarding house...

Especially of Mrs Obi!!! The woman was really something. Please ask your sister if she still drives her white 504 (lol)

Thirty + said...

So yams can look dead, that one is new o :).

First time here, nice blog