Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Of paranoid parents and pinyatas

So I called Wachovia, spoke to this cool guy and got my money refunded. The funniest thing is that even though I wanted to shout and yell, I decided to be Kool Kalm and Kollected and got my way. I must say I'm quite pleased with the way I handled myself, it goes to show that you don't need to make a lot of noise to get your way.

My uncle came back with no suya. I'm not too mad at that cos my daddy will be bringing me some on thursday. As usual, he came with naija movies and magazines (ovation, city people and all) that my aunt loves. We saw a couple of pics of my mom and dad in one of those magazines. I still find it weird seeing their pictures in magazines and stuff. Of course my aunt called to make fun of her cos my mom hates appearing in them.

The pool party was nice o. There was enuff food and drink for everyone. We even got a pinyata at the last minute. I ended up breaking it (being the big strong women that I am) and all the candy came pouring on my head...I wish I had a pic of that. You should have seen the way these kids rushed the candy. It was fun sha.

I got my rent statement for the Fall and as usual, UF has increased their fees. This junk goes up every year. It costs more to live on campus and I still have to share a bathroom with 4 other people. Every year I beg my parents to let me move off campus and every year they refuse. Funny enough, last night we saw a forensic documentary on the Gainesville Ripper on INHD and my uncle was like "you are never moving off campus till you graduate, I don't care if it's been years, there are still crazy in that your college town...none of the girls who were killed lived on campus". Lol, parents can be so paranoid.

Check out Mona's forum on breaking points in relationships.

8 comments:

Biodun said...

Glad u got the bank issued cleared, seems like you had fun @ d party, most colleges r filled with crazy people jere, been on ur campus once for a graduation, its a beautiful campus.

Aramide said...

Thanks so much for the shout out.....havent read this yet but i will do....p.s. you can email me ur recipes....aramide (at) gmail (dot) com thanks xxx

Bella Naija said...

glad u got ur bank stuff sorted out.....u just made me think bout suya right now.....i am craving some hot peppery suya...i am expecting a 'shipment' from naija very soon as well....magazines et al....see ya girl

Aramide said...

Where ru? xx

do u hav any recipes for the f&n blog? xxx

Aramide said...

Olowo ni bo lo wa?!

Anonymous said...

Where r u for crying out loud?! Is gainsvile kicking ur tush that hard? I feel better to know that're u're treating blogger just how you treated xanga.Least i know xanga didn't chase you. Really though update.

Anonymous said...

so u stopped bloggin too ehn, lol

eloquence of expression said...

Holla... Banks are a bore.. Internet Banking de Bomb.. Boooom.
my 1c of Yoluba.. Ekaso