Friday, July 07, 2006

Happy Friday

I'm no longer livid. I haven't resolved my bank issues but rest assured I'll be making an appearance there after work today. My uncle-Dad is coming back from Naija 2day! You know what that means? SUYA!!!!!!!! I can already taste it going down with some extra cold garrium sulphate (GaSO4). Plus my daddy is coming next week...Ah, Good times all around.

So tommorow, my cousin is having a pool party at the house to celebrate her birthday. She recently turned 18 and so she has invited about 20 of her friends. Guess who's in charge? Me Me ME! I was actually planning on making myself scarce tommorow [who wants to hang around with some 17/18 yr olds still in high school or who just graduated? Mind you, I'm only 18yrs and 11 months but I'm a junior in college and therefore so much more matured ;-)] but my aunt-mom has to work tommorow and my uncle-dad will still be jet lagged so that leaves me to do the job. It should be fun sha, barbeque, swimming and all. I mustn't forget to use sunscreen....can't aford to be getting burnt.

The only issue I have with this party is the music. You see, my dearest cousin is really a Japanese Spirited girl born in America to Nigerian Parents. So therefore, there will be a lot of Japanese Pop and Anime themed music. Can't we have some Lagbaja (ok, maybe that's a lil too extreme) or at least some booty shaking music? Anyhow sha, it's not my party. I have to remember to stop at publix to buy fruits for the fruit salad I'm making tommorow. Have a great fun filled weekend.

P.S: The song of the day is 2face Idibia's For Instance(Accapella Version) I heard about it from Bella Naija's Blog. I'm not a fan of the version with instrumentals but the accapella version is very heartfelt. Check it out.

5 comments:

Biodun said...

LOL, anime themed songs, now that's funny, I love Publix n men I miss suya already

remi said...

Surely you must have a suya joint close to you...

Nneka's World said...

Hahaha!
Anime themed songs!
Sorry oh.
Suya yum, yum!

Aramide said...

Japanese ke? That's mad o what happened to pop?

I want suya!!!!

Miguel said...

Suya ke? ahh if i were you with all these diseases i keep hearing about..i'll throw that suya away ooo...naa that would amount to wasting food...send it to me and i will discard of it in an appropriate and evironmentally safe way.