Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Busted Plans...

Thank you for the warm welcome guys :-)

So this was independence weekend for we Yankee folks and absolutely none of my plans came to fruition. First of all, the ladies and I were supposed to go to Atlanta for the Naija Reunion but things didn't work out so that plan was busted (there's always next year). Than my friend Ble-ble, who has an apartment on the beach about 2 hours south of Otown invited me over for the weekend. Come to find out my ride was mescaforming(acting up), so no beach hotties for me this weekend. This is what happens when you don't have a driver's license and have to depend on others for your mobility! I was pretty disappointed cos I spending my 4 day weekend at home. Ordinary movie I didn't even see sef.

This summer has been very one kind, but the blame rests squarely on my shoulders. When my uncle and aunty (aka Dad n Mom Yankee) invited me to come home for the summer, I was so anxious to get away from Gainesville (where my school is) that I accepted. I forgot what it felt like to come back home for Three Whole Months Sha, it's been a good time for me to get rejuvenated, get my priorities re-straightened out and all that. I'm taking summer classes, working and shadowing a doctor so I kinda have my hands full. I'm grateful for the break from the hustle and bustle of school.

My daddy is coming from naija next week. It should be nice to see him again this year. As usual, he'll be coming with my naija movies and music, my tastee fried chicken and mumsi's peppered snails. Oohhhh, I can't wait! When he comes we are planning to go to Boca for the weekend. Let's hope that plan doesn't get busted as well.

My song of the day is No more by Genevieve Nanaji the Naija Nollywood actress. When I first heard about her singing, my first thought was:
"Why do these actors always think they can sing, just because they can act? Who gave her record deal sef?"
When I heard the song I wasn't disappointed. That lady can't hold a note, but the beat was pretty catchy and it has grown on me. It's not too bad sha but she can definitely do better. What are you listening to?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry u didn't have a fab 4TH OF July wknd...if it makes you feel better i didn't have much of one either. I slept until 3:00pm simply because i was awoken by some mexican intete who decided to blast salsa music from 6:40am-9:55am (yeah i checked the time) and then woke and cooked a whole bunch of delicacies...then my family friends and their friends came to eat it all. So yeah. Uhm..about music when your dad arrives *wink*. Oh yeah, since i was a big disappointment in hooking u up wit MD 2 hope u asked him to bring it 4 u?
PS: Have u seen d Olo Mi video? Been searching for it all over the place.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

WOW! "Peppered snails" Na u dey enjoy o. Nice blog, and thanx for stopping by. Looks like we've some things in common. U're a QCOG, i think, u're shadowing a Dr., that means u're heading for med. school like myself. Anyway, i'll be sure to stop by ur blog regularly.