Monday, July 03, 2006

Olowo What!?

I'm sure some people are like what kind of name is that. Olowosokedile is part of my oriki , a praise poem extolling the heritage, virtues and accomplishments of a family. I'm led to believe every Yoruba (:See Nigerian ethnic group:) family has one. Anyhow, Olówósòkèdil literally means The wealthy person that turns the sky to the ground. Does that make sense? It means I'm rich like that (lol, I wish)

Anyways, this is my first blog here (I used to be on xanga not too long ago). This blog won't really have a format, it will just contain my random brain farts (which I tend to have quite often). I've seen a lot of very interesting blogs on this site and I can't wait to read them.

13 comments:

Morountodun said...

Yay! I'm the first person here! Anyway welcome to Blogspot. Your Oriki is rather intriguing it will be interesting to find out the rest of it. I guess its implying that with money you can do anything? Haba! Yoruba people can worship wealth like this? Chei.

emmalolu said...

danm....u have been hidding abi...i was just about to go get a private dic to help me find u out but sha....wassup??...and oh yea the coat ayo was wearing was made from ASO OKE his mum got it for him for graduation we've told him a zillion times it doesnt look good but he just wont listen to us...

eloquence of expression said...

Glad to have you onboard this gravy train. See no evil say no evil and you will be just fine. "Olowaseki"... Fiction is my game

Aramide said...

Welcome to blogger. Nice oriki oh

Olawunmi said...

welcome to blogger, see you around!

Olówó said...

Thank you for the welcome guys :-)

@Morountodun eja osan, the rest of my oriki is in such deeeeeeeeep Egba(See: Yoruba Dialect) that even I can't really understand it even with my A1 in Yoruba.

Bella Naija said...

welcome! love the layout and the oriki......thanks for the visit
http://bellanaija.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Lol @ the oriki...olowosokesiile, hehe. Well let's see you keep up with blogspot,since xanga tire u.

Anonymous said...

hi tinuke,seems like everyone's moving to blogspot..i might soon..but ill still be on my beloved xanga...

Anonymous said...

Just like most folks have said - Welcome. Yep...Nice template...

Adaure Achumba said...

Ekabo!!!! spread that wealth around

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blog world...

iC

Thirty + said...
This comment has been removed by the author.