Saturday, February 07, 2009

He's just not that into you

**Don't read this if you haven't seen the movie and plan to do so**

I was in the library yesterday after class when my friend asked me to see "He's just not that into you". *gasp*Library on a Friday afternoon!? I know! School has officially taken over my life :-( Even though the showing was at 4, the theatre was PACKED! There were all sorts of people in the room: from large groups of females to gay couples to ladies who dragged their "guys" there hoping he will get the drift and get more serious with them. The movie wasn't half bad; it had quite a few touching and funny moments. However, I have some problems with it.

Here's my beef: The movie does a good job of pointing out signs of when the guy/girl isn't into you but at the end of the day, they go and give you some type of false hope. I mean, the character Jennifer Aniston played was in a relationship for SEVEN years with a guy who claimed no interest in marriage. Home girl tried to play cool with it until her baby sister started planning her wedding. She gives her guy an ultimatum: marry me or I step. Dude no want marriage so she stepped. All well and good abi? No o, after some time she realizes that all she wants is him so she takes him back saying she'll be alright with no marriage deal as long as he's committed to her. After he's back in, dude finally realizes he wants to marry her. Everyone lives happily ever after. Are the script writers sending the message that if your bobo isn't warming up to the marriage thing, dump him, take him back after a bit and then all of a sudden he'll be ready to marry you? NA LIE!!! Have they met Naija men?

I have more bones to pick with this movie but I gorra save them, I have a paper to write.

2 comments:

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Good heavens! This is a blog after my own heart.

I don't know why I haven't stumbled here, until now!

Will check that movie.

Hi

Anonymous said...

I havent seen the movie, but i am dying to!!!I dint read the post sha